Senior Staff Front-End Engineer
- USA Only
- 4 applicants
Title: Sr. Staff Front-End Engineer – Fakespot
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best articles online. More than 225 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are drive n by our mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Fakespot is now part of Mozilla, where our mission to bring trust and transparency back to the eCommerce space is now aligned with ensuring the Internet is a global resource, open and accessible to all. Fakespot leverages machine learning and other state-of-the-art technologies to automatically filter out spurious reviews of products and vendors so consumers can make informed purchasing decisions based on real feedback by real people. This role involves being on the frontline of e-commerce and learning what is necessary to protect shoppers from online scams. Developers in this role will be met with fun but challenging puzzles regarding how to process data and present it to the user without compromising their experience or privacy.
What is a Senior Staff Software Engineer at Mozilla?
A Senior Staff Software Engineer is the next level from a Staff Software Engineer. At Mozilla this role can vary, but typically a Senior Staff Engineer leads projects requiring implementation across multiple teams, providing technical leadership, building cross-team relationships, and helping the teams deliver on their objectives. The Senior Staff Engineer is an expert in their domain. They provide feedback on our strategy and goals affecting multiple teams and turn our strategy into coordinated action for those teams. They mentor others by stewarding responsibilities to junior and senior engineers so they can take on new ones, while collaborating with management on building team consensus and providing technical direction.
What you’ll do:
- Develop front-end extension code to scrape, process, and present e-commerce safety data to our users
- Plan and contribute to plans regarding future opportunities to protect users in the realm of online shopping
- Collaborate with other developers regarding design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in using CSS selectors and web page scraping
- Experience with writing and maintaining tests written with Jest, Playwright/Puppeteer
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
Bonus Points for
- Experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience in writing/maintaining browser extensions
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees – we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. – varies by country)
Mozilla exists to ensure that the internet is a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla believes in the value of diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge, and knows diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2202