Senior Staff Backend Engineer
- 2 applicants (11%)
Title:Senior Staff Backend Engineer
Location: US, Canada, Remote
mParticle is an AI Customer Data Platform that powers the entire marketing stack with real-time customer data. Companies like NBCUniversal, JetBlue, Venmo, and Airbnb use mParticle to simplify their customer data infrastructure, maximize the value of their data, and accelerate growth at scale. Over the last two years, the company has raised $150M in funding and acquired two companies. Founded in 2013, mParticle is headquartered in New York City with employees around the globe. We’re growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high impact players as we scale and achieve our vision for being the world leader in this space. We care deeply about culture and our people, creating a place where you can do your best work and love doing it!
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
We’re looking for a Sr Staff level software engineer to join our team! You will work together with a team of other backend engineers, product managers, and designers to adapt the mParticle data pipeline, which processes 10+ billion daily requests at low latency, to serve the next 10,000 engineering teams.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates.
- As an individual contributor, architect and implement complex data processing features that are highly performant, reliable and cost effective. Efficiently scan and process petabytes of data.
- Technical lead responsible for our real-time and batch processing pipelines, which serve as the backbone of our data activation product features such as audiences and calculated attributes.
- Analyze complex systems to identify areas of improvement. Coding and performance tuning a large scale distributed system requires creativity and a deep technical repertoire.
- Collaborate with our machine learning team to realize the values of ML into our real time personalization products.
- Drive mParticle’s engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement and internal presentation. Provide technical project leadership using Agile methodologies. Mentor engineers in healthy best practices.
- Identify, plan, and execute key infrastructure initiatives. Monitor, diagnose, and optimize cloud costs, performance, and reliability.
- Demonstrated technical / project leadership using Agile/Scrum.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in creating complex large-scale data systems involving both real-time and batch components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software, preferably in a SaaS or PaaS environment.
- Mastery of software development principles and high-volume applications requiring 24/7 uptime.