Senior Software Engineer - Web Application
Senior Software Engineer - Web Application
- Position type: full-time employee
- Seniority: Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Remote (desired time zone between UTC-3 and UTC+3)
- Compensation : 60.000 - 65.000 EUR/year + stock options (both based on seniority level)
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer of the Webapp at Athenian you can expect to have a big impact in shaping the product.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to design, build, and iterate on a world-class software web application.
You are expected to work on the frontend and to contribute to user experience decisions. We are developers building a product for other developers and we build our product with a sense of pride and ownership.
You will be in a collaborative environment where you will work closely together with product and engineering to understand user needs, and discuss new ideas to solve complex problems.
- Contribute to shape the web application which is a critical and customer-facing part of the product.
- Implement beautiful UI & great UX of a data-centric product with the end-user perspective in mind.
- Understand customers’ needs and propose ideas and discuss solutions collaborating also with the other engineering teams, product & design.
Skills & Experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken. The ability to communicate comes first, no matter the level of technical skills.
- Strong experience with Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3)
- Strong experience with data manipulation
- Strong experience with writing React functional components that are reusable, high-performant, testable, and high-performant
- Strong experience with the frontend ecosystem & tooling (ESlint, Prettier, Webpack, etc.)
- Strong experience in building and improving an API client
- Experience with improving client-side performance with in-memory responses caching, persistent caching on local storage, parallelism, etc.
- Experience with building complex dashboards (filters, etc.) and data visualizations (histograms, time series, donut charts, etc.) using charting libraries
- Experience with Docker and docker-compose as a user
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with different API interfaces (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (Github Actions, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience with testing front-end code
- Experience with Git workflows
- Experience with collaborating with different types of stakeholders (Product, Engineering, etc.)
- Familiarity with building and improving an API server (NodeJS)
- Familiarity with web servers (Nginx)
- Familiarity with debugging and troubleshooting on a remote server
- Familiarity with basic mathematical & statistical concepts (median, percentiles, etc.)
- Strong experience with lodash
- Strong experience with building complex dashboards and data visualizations with ReactJS
- Strong experience with Git workflows
- Experience with implementing a type-safe and tested components library along with Storybook
- Experience with CSS-in-JS (EmotionJS)
- Experience with Cypress and visual regression testing
- Experience with advanced Docker (multi-stage builds, layers caching optimization, etc.) and docker-compose
- Experience with building and improving an API server (NodeJS)
- Experience with common operations on relational databases (backup, restore, etc.)
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting on a remote server
- Familiarity with IaaS (GCP)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts (load balancing, scalability, port-forwarding, etc.)
- Having worked remotely
- Having worked in a dynamic start-up environment
- Having worked on a SaaS product
- Having used modern collaboration tooling (Jira, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Responsible and professional
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Collaborative and with a strong team-spirit
- Curious and interested in learning new things
The hiring process is composed by multiple steps:
- CV review
- Screening Interview
- Technical Assessment project
- Technical Interview + Q&A + Manager Interview
- Communication of the outcome
Engineering at Athenian
At Athenian Engineering we are currently a team of 5, consisting of the Head of Engineering and 4 world-class Senior Engineers, each with a diverse area of expertise ranging from Language Analysis and System Architecture to Machine Learning on Code and modern APIs.
We collaborate with each other on a daily basis and we value each contribution and idea. We foster good collaboration through transparency and good communication, and we believe that teamwork is key to move fast and be successful.
- Athenian is a fully remote company. At the moment, we are 18 people from 7 different countries working closely together in a fully-distributed way.
- We put a lot of value into collaboration and feedback, no matter if it comes from our CEO, a customer, Product or Engineering because we know that the best ideas can come from anywhere.
- We believe in transparency and collaboration, which reflects how we operate internally and externally.
- We are humane and care about each other's growth and wellbeing.
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you.