Senior Software Engineer, Graphics System
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (14%)
Title:Senior, Software Engineer, Graphics System
Location: Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Seattle, WA; Zurich, Switzerland; Remote (US based only)
We are seeking a Senior Graphics Engineer to focus on Mixed Reality (MR) graphics system design and forward-looking research and development.
This position will offer you the chance to work closely with both hardware engineers and other cross-platform software engineers to design, develop, debug and deploy many functional aspects of the rendering architecture, including the application interface to the display.
If you are a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Spatial Computing technologies.
- Design, implement, validate, integrate and write test coverages for graphics algorithms
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Work hand-in-hand with all the key stakeholders and developers across the company contributing to the graphics pipeline
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move faster and more confidently
- Review and provide feedback to peer developer’s code in the team to ensure highest code quality
- Document work, create technical documentation as needed
- 5+ years of software development experience with C, C++ and C#
- 3-5+ years of experience implementing and optimizing graphics algorithms with game engines such as Unity and Unreal using DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of modern 3D graphics applications using modern rendering APIs, like DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- Proficient with writing vertex, fragment, and compute shaders using shading languages such as Cg, HLSL, GLSL, and SPIR-V
- Exceptional ability to write efficient, clean, maintainable and portable code
- Strong proven experience in implementing and deploying complex algorithms
- Experience with GPU optimization for increased frame-rate and reduced latency a plus
- Experience in Graphics performance and power analysis.
- Knowledge in Android framework internals and native layers
- Detailed knowledge of GPU Architectures and design a plus
- Familiarity with Display technologies (LCOS, uLED etc) is a plus
- Experience with development for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), or other forms of head mounted displays (HMDs) a plus
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
- $123,000—$172,000 USD