Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack - Remote or in-house
We are looking for skilled and independent Senior Software Engineers to join our software engineering team that is focused on building a modern and user friendly platform, where users in the shipping industry can make quick decisions and stay informed through organised data.
To achieve this we use data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimisation to help our users get full transparency on their operations and allow them to make better decisions.
You will be an important part in a self-managing but integrated team that both builds the features, creates the needed architecture and works hard on creating a good work culture that allows you to work in the way that is best for you.
Important: We will only be reviewing and accepting applicants in and near Europe.
We are a 25 person strong team made up of 9 nationalities, with half the company and most of engineering working remotely. On the engineering team we have an average of 9 years experience, so you will get experienced to work, learn and spar with. You can read more about the team and our remote culture on our website: https://www.portchain.com/careers.
We believe that a good software engineer is one who has the freedom to explore good solutions and has a team that lets the best argument win. We aim for having autonomous teams that co-own the platform and its technical evolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of end-to-end features from specifications and designs
- Problem solve architectural decisions with the team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain clean code and help build code conventions
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices, like f.x. OWASP top 10
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Full stack proficient - Nobody is perfect in all, but you've dabbled in the different domains.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Proficiency in automated unit and integration tests
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- A deep understanding that we always have to navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favour of the company and the team
Not required, but areas we want to be better in, so if you can tick any of those below, we could use that.
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products from start-up/scale-ups
- Deeper understanding of network and application security and maybe also security when it comes to CI/CD
- Architectural experience with Cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- DevOps/SRE experience
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, kick-ass lunch (If in CPH) and amazing colleagues.
A culture that encourages organic growth, with opportunities to expand and switch your context as you grow. To help this, there is also budget and time set aside for your own career and skill development..
There is clearly more to a job than "where do I sit" - It's about culture, it's about social connections. It's about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee-journey is a journey of growth. As the company grows, we want you to grow, contribute and develop with it. We take pride in each individual contributing in their distinct way - it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career - we want to go there with you!