Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Node.js + Vue
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Olo's newest team, Customer Intelligence + FOH, is passionate about reimagining the restaurant experience by bringing everything a restaurant knows about each customer to every interaction and business decision.
Our first-ever-purpose-built-for-restaurants CDP & CRM are at the core of our products and bring powerful customer intelligence to operations, marketing, guest sentiment, and more. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack to architect and develop essential systems and features on this creative team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering for the Customer Intelligence + FOH team, our next Senior Backend Engineer will help us take our product scaling to the next level.
If you are passionate about both backend and frontend technologies, comfortable working solo or collaboratively to accomplish projects, and excel in a high ownership environment while taking large projects from spec to ship, this may be the perfect role for you.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You'll Do
- Build essential Wisely features and infrastructure
- Spec projects based on product requirements and design mocks
- Translate spec to technical tickets
- Write, QA, and ship code to production
- Improve our technology and team
- Review fellow team member's work through code review and RFCs
- Co-create architecture and specs for other projects
What We'll Expect From You
- 6+ years of experience
- You are a proven software engineer building systems at scale
- You have solid experience with frontend and backend frameworks such as Vue.js, Node.js, or similar etc
- You have a strong command and working knowledge of different frontend and backend related technologies
- You are excited to lean slightly backend as we scale
- You are a collaborative team player with the ability to work across multiple domains and teams with a diverse group of engineers
- You are opinionated about how things are built and will be an essential member of a growing Product and Engineering team
- Lover of food and restaurants
Our Tech Stack
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm