Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
- 1 applicant (6%)
Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Location: Remote – US, Canada
Reports to : Sr. Manager, Engineering
Department : Engineering
Job Type : Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Full Stack Engineer to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the anaconda.org team
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings and provide inputs to technical decisions
- Develop key features for the service and tests for those features
- Perform feature demonstrations during sprint reviews
- Work with the QA team to ensure product quality
- Work collaboratively with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Review PRs, contribute in engineering and product discussions
What You Need:
- Deep experience with Python
- Hands on experience with designing database structure (MongoDB preferred), and/or working with Docker and other container tools
- Hands on experience building RESTful API’s (3+ years)
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including REST APIs as well as designing and implementing them
- A solid understanding of web application best practices
- Hands on experience working on software that is in production (that customers use)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Team attitude: I am not done, until WE are done
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- B2C SaaS experience (at scale)
Experience building RESTful APIs with Python (or desire to do so)
Experience with Kubernetes
- Cloud experience (we use AWS)
- Comfortable with ambiguity in the work environment
- Hands on experience with ES6, CSS, TypeScript, NodeJS, and Angular or other modern web framework
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave – both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.