Senior Software Engineer - Front-End
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Software Engineer – Front-End
Location: Remote; Chicago, IL
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward- thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Kin, you’ll work on a small team, independently owning and operating a range of features on in-house developed web applications. You’ll work with team members in structuring, implementing, delivering, and maintaining web applications built with Angular and Lit (Web Components).
Kin’s engineering team is highly collaborative, though we expect at the senior level for you to require little guidance for most features. You’ll contribute to your team by championing systemic solutions while surfacing systemic problems. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to mentor more junior engineers and occasionally lead small teams.
A day in the life could include:
- Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code in Typescript, HTML, and SCSS.
- Help implement solutions across the stack, such as API design, application UX, performance, etc.
- Participating in pair programming with team members
- Taking on more advanced design or architectural tasks
- Participating in daily stands and weekly retros
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members
- Contribute to and expand the engineering team’s code culture and practice, including documentation, testing, architecture, and layout.
I’ve got the skills but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with modern SPA framework (Angular 2+ preferred), including integration of API calls and state management (NgRx/Redux).
- Experience building or composing with Web Components.
- Familiarity with BEM methodology, Object-Oriented CSS principles, and custom component library development.
- Experience working with APIs (Ruby on Rails experience is a bonus)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Comfortable in a startup environment we’re fast-paced, self-motivated, and determined to change the industry.
- A fast learner, ready to bring previous knowledge to this position and continue developing along the way
- Location in Central or Eastern time zones (CST & EST) strongly preferred
- At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment visas.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.