Senior Software Engineer - Framework
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Sr. Software Engineer | Framework
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
ExtraHop R&D supports fully-flexible work options that includes full time onsite, hybrid, and fully remote working arrangements. With the exception of a few roles that require physical access, we believe in supporting you in making the choice that works best for you and makes the team successful.
At Extrahop we provide best-in-class network visibility and security to industries ranging from healthcare to payment processing. We don’t just solve problems for our users, we help them rise above the noise of threats, alerts, and corporate gridlock. Our products enable organizations to harness the power of their wire data and achieve true security and exceptional performance.
We have a global and diverse user base we believe in actively investing in a diverse engineering organization. We are seeking technically-qualified candidates from all backgrounds, who offer varied perspectives, influences, and experiences.
ExtraHop offers an enthusiastic, energetic, and inclusive environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth.
- Design, develop, document, and test the functionality of ExtraHop products
- Enhance the scalability, security, and functionality of ExtraHop products
- Collaborate in an Agile environment with other cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality features on time
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices for software development
- Review merge requests and coach engineers to ensure high-quality code
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external teams
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: C, Rust, C++, Java, Go, Python.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- 5 years-experience with software development
- Understanding of systems-level development, such as memory management, file systems, or networking
- Experience with continuous deployment and integration systems
- Experience growing and mentoring engineers
Additional Preferred Tools and Technologies
- Unix/Linux build tools, such as make
- OS components, such as INIT systems and package managers
- Systems-level performance optimization and debugging tools such as GDB, Linux perf profiler, VTune, and AddressSanitizer
- Building and managing containerized systems
Database performance optimization or design
Distributed database integration and optimization, such as Elasticsearch or Cassandra
- Common networking protocols, such as TCP/IP and TLS/SSL
- Common hardware components, such as NICs and storage (SSD, HDD, RAID)
- Kernel driver development
All R&D Employees will be required to attend 2 mandatory in-person events every year of approx. 4 days duration.
$149,000- $198,000 + benefits+ options
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a Best Place to Work by Inc. , Computerworld , BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine , and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of 20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch. In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with ExtraHop and the country where you work.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Honor System PTO and 9 Holidays (US only) + 3 Days of Paid Volunteer Time
- Non-Commissioned positions are eligible to participate in annual discretionary bonus plan
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Parental Leave (US Only)
- Hybrid and Remote Work Model
*Candidates should note that the Company may modify reporting relationships, job titles and compensation, including commissions and benefits, from time to time at its sole discretion, as it deems necessary, with or without prior notice. We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats.
Ready to join us? #Extrahop #Security #NDR #informationsecurity #cybersecurity