Senior Software Engineer
- 6 applicants (27%)
Senior Software Engineer
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering, and knowledge of machine learning deployments to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision and software design to unit and integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal and more
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java or similar (Go, Python) and 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an scalable data stores and other cloud data services to manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, S o Paulo, Toronto, Reykjav k, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns – please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.