Senior Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Software Engineer
Engineering Engineering – EN
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As a software engineer at findhelp, you will help grow our platform which knits together our system of social-services nationwide. You will be on a cross-functional development team working across the aisle with others in teams and departments to produce the highest quality product for those who use our system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work within a team and across team to accomplish our mission of helping others
- Consistently write quality code with the end user in mind
- Architect for robustness, extensibility, scale, sustainability, & security
- Provide quality feedback in code reviews and willing to pair on coding tasks
- Someone who works to understand the user’s story to design intuitive experiences
- Own work from inception to delivery, and beyond.
- Refactor legacy code as you create new features
- Mentor other engineers and foster their growth
- 5+ years working as a professional software developer
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience writing technical designs and breaking down complex features
- Preferred experience in Python and ReactJS
- Good understanding of SQL, ORMs, and non-relational databases
- Understanding of web performance strategies and metrics
- Preferred GCP experience, but other cloud experience welcome
- Experience with or a strong understanding of microservices
- You make commitments and keep them
- Experience generalizing a feature to widen the impact
- Knowledge of how to iterate on a feature to keep delivery consistent
- Comfortable working independently in a complex Python codebase
- Comfortable scaling up on Python if you haven’t worked on it before
- Interested in mentoring and fostering individual growth
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions to product partners
Perks at findhelp
401k & stock options
Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
Discounted gym memberships
Paid parental leave
Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
Book Purchasing Program
Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
Leadership Development Training
Paid Volunteering Time