Senior Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Location: Washington, DC
About This Position
- This position is fully remote
- Strong experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Gitlab CI, including automated test suites, static code analysis, security scanning, and accessibility checking
- Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Experience building containerized workloads using Docker, Docker Compose and ECS or similar
- Strong experience building and deploying production workloads to the AWS ecosystem
- Minimum of 4 years of DevOps experience
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and non-profit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services and the USDA US Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact by applying approaches proven in consumer technology.
What You’ll Do
Our ideal DevOps Engineer will be an expert on implementing DevOps methodologies like Continuous Delivery, building tools and services to optimize the development feedback loop, and operating and configuring infrastructure as code to ensure we ship stable and performant services. We’re looking for a driven and organized DevOps Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the public.
As an Ad Hoc DevOps Engineer, you’ll be:
- Shipping software that impacts the lives of millions of people
- Building libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Collaborating across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services,
- Developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Working closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solving problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
What You’ll Bring
- 4 years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular, ECS/Fargate, Lambda, CloudWatch, IAM, EC2, and RDS
- Experience with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with scripting using Python or Bash
- Experience with authentication tools such as KeyCloak
- Experience with GitHub Actions, Gitlab Pipelines, CI/CD process tools such as CircleCI
- Experience building optimized containers
- Experience development experience with automation testing
- Experience collaborating with other teams, adopting their goals as your own
- Experience with Java is preferred
- Familiarity with static analysis tools and other CI tools used for security and compliance
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing, SSH
- Experience with one or more different agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, or SAFe
- A desire to expand your skills and gain experience with new tooling as needed
- Solid spelling, grammar, and communication skills
More than that, our ideal candidate wants to contribute to work that is bigger than themselves, and wants to make a difference collaborating with their team. They care deeply about building better products, better relationships, and better trust in each interaction people have with their government. They believe in intuitive, easy-to-use government services. They collaborate well with designers, stakeholders, and other teams. They mentor and guide more junior engineers. They’re human-centered.
And if you don’t check every box on the list? That doesn’t mean you can’t help us in our mission to deliver critical government services. Talk to us!
Some Basic Requirements
- All work must be conducted within the U.S., excluding U.S. territories. Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- Some of our available roles are on federal contracts that require a degree or additional years of experience as a substitute.
- Our technical screening involves completing a homework assignment that is then graded blind to remove bias. We do not do tricky, unreliable whiteboarding tests. You can read more about our homework here.
- 4+ years of DevOps experience.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with match
- Self-managed PTO
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we’ve outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $113,900 – $149,040. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
job reference: 1941