Senior Software Developer - Front End
IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises.
We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
We are a forward-thinking company, who want to recruit the best people to deliver our vision of an innovative, secure, reliable UI Framework where our clients can access their information, safely and efficiently.
We are looking for a pioneer of interface development, who keeps up to date with current trends and available technologies to engineer the best solutions which are scalable and resilient. Someone who’s passionate about UI, with an appetite for driving change.
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a fantastic working atmosphere within a growing team of enthusiastic developers.
- Develop user interfaces and client-facing applications
- Progress and maintain our library of UI components and framework
- Adhere to agile design principles and practices
- Work closely with the Lead Developer to ensure technical standards are formed and maintained
- Coach other developers in how to work within the UI framework
- Promote a culture of ‘freedom and responsibility’, build & maintain relationships, encourage other team members to contribute; facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals
- Focus on delivery, prioritising continuous delivery of value within defined timescales.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Commercial experience in a front-end role, implementing SPAs (ideally using micro-frontends and the BFF pattern)
- Excellent knowledge of Angular stack (Typescript, SASS, RxJS)
- The skill of creating adaptive and responsive layout
- Sound knowledge of client-side security principles and how to apply them
- Ability to explain and document design approaches, engaging both technical and non-technical people in your vision
- An appreciation of the importance of UX as well as UI
- A focus on designing for usability and accessibility
- Knowledge of back-end technologies and how to utilise them to enhance the front-end
- Solid experience of working in agile methodologies (Scrum / SAFe)
- Strong people skills and a good understanding of when to talk, and when to listen
- A quality-focused approach
- Demonstrable experience of devops culture and practices, including TBD and CI/CD
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Our Technology Stack
- Angular 11 / Angular Material / Angular Library / Karma + Jasmine / RxJS
- Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, Aurora
- ECS Fargate / Kubernetes, Docker
- SAM / Terraform
- Gitlab CI
- .NET Core, Node.js, Python
- Visual Studio / VS Code / Rider.