Senior Software Developer
- North America
Who you are:
As a Senior Software Developer, you understand the performance impact of clean code, threading, good UI design and scalability. You will find reward in building robust software that can function 24/7 with no down time. If you love technology, are passionate about creating software, SDK and APIs and are keen on contributing to open source projects - we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
Your job is to be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform, that makes sense of the data collected by our custom built hardware. We receive detailed data and metrics for millions of vehicles globally, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers in real time. We look for Senior Software Developers with design and architecture experience of high scale, high reliability platforms in a cloud environment.
We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to COVID-19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Oakville, ON, Toronto, ON, Waterloo, ON, Laval, QC, or Burnaby, BC.
What you'll bring to this job:
- Solid understanding of object-orientated or functional programming.
- 5+ years of experience with programming in C#, Java, Python at an enterprise level.
- Experience with SQL database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Working knowledge of web services including REST and MVC.
- Working knowledge with Git and Jira is preferred.
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, Docker an asset
- Experience with message queuing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, PubSub) an asset
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff and conduct reviews
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or other related degree