Senior Ruby Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Ruby Software Engineer
This job is available in 49 locations See all Category Design, Engineering, and Product Req IDR0010568 Remote: Yes
Who we are:
Blackbaud is the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good. Our vision is to power an ecosystem of good that builds a better world. We seek to empower the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundations, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. Our strategy includes a focus on our employees and company culture, with a goal of cultivating an environment where our teammates can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. We strive to build a workforce that reflects the social good communities we serve.
About the role:
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will focus on developing and enhancing web applications, while working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture, and cloud-based computing. Our relaxed remote work environment promotes paired programming, cross-team collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies, and TDD principles. The successful candidate will join a community of engineers organized into Scrum teams focused on Blackbaud’s state-of-the-art award management and stewardship management capabilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write well-documented and structured code on a daily basis to meet weekly software development goals.
- Evaluate and improve security and performance of critical application components
- Attend weekly development meetings and actively participate in discussions around best weekly software development goals and best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, user experience designers, project managers and other engineers
- Complete all assigned tasks including new development and maintenance requests.
- Mentor junior team members by regularly reviewing and providing feedback on their code.
- Submit code for evaluation and feedback from Engineering team members through use of a version control tool.
- Perform, design and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Consistently write unit and integration tests around code and maintain the test suite.
- Develop a strong understanding of software development methodologies and styles that are most effective.
- Develop a strong understanding of the product code base in order to become more efficient and effective.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 4+ years of professional experience in backend web application stack, preferably Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir/Phoenix
- Knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Knowledge of test driven development
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application and industry development standards
- 2+ years of professional experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience with Postgres, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Docker preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A notice to candidates: Recruitment Fraudulent Alert: Your personal information and online safety as a candidate mean a lot to us! At Blackbaud and our portfolio of companies, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official careers page at https://careers.blackbaud.com/us/en or our official LinkedIn page. Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers, or conduct interviews via Skype. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not a representative of Blackbaud. If you are unsure if a message is from Blackbaud, please email [email protected].
The starting base pay is $101,900.00 to $132,800.00. Blackbaud may pay more or less based on employee qualifications, market value, Company finances, and other operational considerations.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-first workforce
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Volunteer for vacation
- Opportunities to connect to build community and belonging
- Pet insurance, legal and identity protection
- Tuition reimbursement program