Senior Ruby on Rails / React Developer
We are looking for a talented Senior Rails / React Developer for a remote full-time position to work directly with the CTO to help manage all aspects of our development lifecycle. The position includes a wide range of technical responsibilities and autonomy, and is perfect for someone looking to take the next step in their career. If this sounds exciting to you, please apply!
What You’ll Do:
- Perform code assignments in Rails, React, etc.
- Maintain and develop REST and GraphQL APIs in Rails
- Help manage outsourced developers (mostly front-end)
- Help to translate Figma designs to finished products
- Review and approve/merge pull requests for both front-end and back-end code
- Deploy to staging/production environments
- Maintain and develop cloud infrastructure in AWS using the following technologies: ECS, Fargate/EC2, NLB, S3, RDS, Redis, etc. (not a requirement to have experience with all of these)
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments
- Periodically review customer support tickets to gain an understanding of what they need in order to build the best product for them.
- Error monitoring via Sentry.
- Being on call outside of work hours is not a requirement for the position.
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails - backend, some front-end, REST & GraphQL APIs
- NextJS - most of our front-end, and where all new front-end gets built
- AWS - ECS, NLB, Fargate, EC2, Redis, RDS, Route 53, S3, Cloudfront, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Cloudwatch, etc.
- High Integrity! Our small team really prides itself on transparency and honesty.
- 3+ years of work experience with Rails
- 3+ years of work experience with React
- 1+ years of work experience with AWS Fargate or EC2
- 1+ years of work experience with GraphQL APIs (both client and server)
- Experience with Docker containers and creating Dockerfiles
- Proven ability to design, build, and test complicated features independently
- Track record of meeting deadlines and completing assigned work on time
Nice to haves
- Experience with NextJS
- Experience with Apollo Client
- Experience with Material-UI (MUI)
- Experience with the ‘graphql-ruby’ gem
- Experience with scaling a software technology company
- Experience with optimizing raw sql (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with server-side caching strategies
- Competitive salary
- Position is 100% remote (with a few in-person meetings per year)
- Monthly co-working stipend
- Equipment (MacBook Pro and accessories)
- Meta Quest 2 VR Headset - we’re a small remote team, so this is how we get together and have some fun (and do the occasional virtual meeting)!
- Unlimited vacation - Take time when you need it, just get your stuff done!
- Medical/Dental/Vision (company pays 70%)
- Retirement (company contributes 3%)