Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
- North America
We're looking to add a senior-level Rails engineer to Mediavine's existing Publisher Applications team. This engineer will contribute to our publisher dashboard, the application at the center of Mediavine's various products, used daily by nearly 10,000 users.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
*Mission & Culture*
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
*Position Title & Overview:*
We're hiring a Senior Rails Engineer for the Publisher Applications team. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our publisher dashboard (which enables users to view revenue reports, configure behaviors of Mediavine products, manage content like videos and playlists, and more) as well as new products like our new publisher onboarding system. This engineer will join an established team of two backend and three frontend engineers.
This engineer will be responsible for:
- Making architectural decisions related to new and existing features
- Adding and modifying API endpoints within a Rails app, consumed by a React frontend
- Designing application authentication and permissions solutions
- Implementing new features and future integrations
- Providing code reviews for teammates
- Must currently live in the United States.
- 5+ years of experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Expertise with authentication methods including: OAUTH, OAUTH2 and token handling
- 3+ years of experience with Postgres, MySQL, or similar relational databases
- Expert-level knowledge of API design
- A passion for code quality
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with or alongside SPA frontends using technologies like React
- Experience with GraphQL, specifically with Rails
- Experience with Node – we have lots of other projects you might be able to contribute to
- Previous professional experience in the ad tech industry
- Experience working on remote teams
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
- Salary: $125k-140k