Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Time zones: SBT (UTC +11) GMT (UTC +0) CET (UTC +1) EET (UTC +2) MSK (UTC +3)
👐 Join a meritocracy, no politics needed (nor welcomed)
⏰ Work 4 days a week, have an extra day for learning or running errands
📖 We practice open-book management (understand how the business works and why what you work on really matters for our clients)
Head of the department
"I'm Jeremy, the CEO of QuickMail, and I'm looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join our development team.
I have about 25 years experience in development (10 in Video Games, 6 in Finance and 8 building QuickMail - twice).
I like pragmatic engineers with a can-do attitude & critical thinking who pay attention to details and are reliable.
We are looking to add 3 developers to the business this year, so if you fancy a challenge and learning opportunity, let's have a conversation."
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails.
It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Agencies.
QuickMail was started in 2014. We doubled the business this year and we have the same ambitious goal for next year.
We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co- workers.
Our current stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 6.1, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
- Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL, Apollo & Pusher
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions.
- You'll then move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business (e.g. build an integration, create a new feature, extend the API...)
The role will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clean, and maintainable code as well as communicate & interact with the team.
We promote internally so this leave a lot of opportunities to grow in more senior roles as your career advance with us.
- A deep ❤️ for your craft as a developer, a pragmatic approach to development, a positive attitude, and the ability to make decisions on your own.
- Great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven understanding and at least 2 year of professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Angular & RxJS is a big plus but not a show stopper.
- Good command of Git (pull request, merge, rebase…)
- ⏰ Work 4 days (4x8hr) a week, work from home or from a coffee shop, we are a remote-first company. Use your extra day for learning or running errants and save a couple of thousand dollars a year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year.
- 💻 Solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives. Code is well structured and architecture is sound.
- ⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- 🔥 A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management 📖.
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation & 1 team retreat per year for work and fun.
- 📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).