Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
As a Senior Rails Engineer, you will collaborate with different teams to design, plan, and build new systems to help run data pipelines within Meraki. With the help of product managers and business operations, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important technical problems and help run the Meraki business.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our teams will configure and monitor pipelines across the business. Our engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
Example projects of a Senior Rails Engineer:
- Designing and implementing a pub-sub messaging service for the Finance team to accurately recognize revenue.
- Analyzing performance bottlenecks in generating device configurations for customers with many 1000s of devices and re architecting this code to be scalable.
- Architect, build, and maintain scalable data pipelines that ingest all the data that runs our dashboard.
- Improve and scale backend jobs that run against every network across our cloud.
- Build systems that process raw data and create intuitive and interesting insights.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Have experience working cross-functionally with teams such as finance and operations
- Would thrive on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience or interest in networking
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).