Senior Python Developer
Theme is a quantitative trading firm whose strategies take advantage of short- term price volatility created by institutional block trades on US cash equities. We hold ourselves to an incredibly high standard of quality and seek to work with individuals who do the same.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Python developer who will help us develop the platform to power our research and production trading. You will work in a small team and will build features, participate in architectural decisions and help define the product requirements.
Theme Analytics offers a great remote working environment with a tight and friendly team, as well as competitive compensation. You will report to the Head of Engineering and work closely with the CEO.
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Working on the Django Rest Framework project to implement new features and improve existing ones for our platform
- Developing integrations with third-party-services, as well as our own machine learning solutions
- Manipulating large data sets in our PostgreSQL database and several other data sources
- Building solutions to enable and support machine learning model development
- Brainstorming feature ideas and architectural solutions
- Exploring ways to optimize and improve the existing code
You will find yourself at home at this position if:
- You are experienced in working on complex software projects
- You like working in a team, but still take responsibility and agency of your own work
- You enjoy technical challenges and solving hard programming problems
- You do test-driven development and think of code architecture in terms of testable units
- You have experience or want to learn about financial markets and machine learning
- You have a desire to learn, or understanding of, Django, Celery and websockets
- You enjoy writing and optimizing SQL queries
- You hate loose ends and want to keep your to-do list tidy and prefer to focus on outcomes
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Fully remote position with adaptable working hours
- Low-stress work environment in a team that makes you feel valued and heard
- Exciting technology, latest library versions and time to refactor code
- Opportunity to grow in machine learning and devops fields