Senior Network Engineer
- USA Only
Senior Network Engineer
- Job Category: IT Engineering
- Requisition Number: SENIO44947
- DYRCA-Dycom – RCA Blvd
- Remote – United States
This is a great opportunity to join Dycom.
Dycom Industries, Inc. is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities and telecommunications providers. Dycom’s corporate environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers.
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network equipment.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Manage network security solutions, such as firewalls.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 4-10 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications: CCNA or JNCIS not required, but a plus
- Strong knowledge and configurations of private network technologies
- MPLS configuration
- VPN / Split tunnelling
- Firewalls – Cisco / Juniper
- Layer 1-3 switching and routing configurations
- VLans, IP allocations / subnetting, QOS / COS
- DNS / DHCP
- Strong knowledge of sizing and provisioning of access services
- T1 / MLPPP
- Metro Ethernet
- DSL / Cable
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols
- OSI Model
- IGRP / EIGRP / OSPF / STP
- EGP / BGP / TCP / UDP
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies – security and protocols
- Access points
- 11x standards
- WEP / WPA(2)
- Remote Access
- Strong knowledge of Voice over IP and network best practices
- Cisco call manager, Mitel, Avaya IPO
- SIP trunking, dial plans, call routing, MAC’s
- Strong configuration skills of Cisco or Juniper switches, routers, firewalls
- Cisco IOS
- Strong working knowledge of network monitoring tools
- Cisco NAM
- Solar winds / Orion
- Packet sniffers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong structured network cabling – copper / fiber
- The following would be a definite plus
- Experience in a large network implementation. i.e. multiple sites
- Experience in a multi-datacenter environment