Senior Manager - Director of Engineering
- USA Only
Sr. Manager/Director of Engineering
- REMOTE /
- ENGINEERING – SPORTS ORG /
TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is looking for a people-centric Sr. Manager/Director of Software Engineering who will provide process and inspirational leadership to our Platform team. Our platform tech stack includes: Kubernetes, Terraform, Datadog, Cloudflare, Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud SQL, and RabbitMQ.
You’ll partner closely with other engineering leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to build trust and ensure alignment on organizational decisions and plans. Ultimately you’ll shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day-to-day management and leadership of engineers on our Platform team with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Ensure projects are managed and done well. This can come via direct project management or facilitating this in the Platform team.
- Implement and optimize a product development lifecycle including architecture, design, development and delivery.
- Drive quality practices and playbooks for owned scope areas while also contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
- Rally the Platform team to feel fired up and inspired! You’ll empower the team to succeed with code, tooling, processes, information, and help from others. You’ll also consistently and systemically help teammates do their best work.
What’ll set you up for success:
- Experience building an engineering team through hiring, growth, and serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience working in teams whose customers include other engineers as well as familiarity with platform and infrastructure technologies and tools.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first. We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.