Senior Full Stack Engineer
The Pyx Health vision is to tackle loneliness when it matters most for everyone who needs it!
Pyx Health is a technology-enabled solution focused on helping the most vulnerable populations with loneliness and social isolation. Combining a digital platform with a Compassionate Support Center and timely human interventions, Pyx Health provides our clients and their members an innovative, scalable solution that effectively addresses the nation’s critical loneliness epidemic and improves lives.
Today, the rate of people living with loneliness is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead them to better health.
The ideal candidate is an experienced developer with an emphasis on front- end development who can hit the ground running and take on ownership of web applications and mobile device applications.
We use React for our front-end and C# for our backend. The products you will work on are a single-page application, a progressive web application, and a mobile device application, all of which communicate using RESTful services.
We are in a fast growth phase and are expanding rapidly. We therefore need an engineer who will be dedicated and willing to take ownership of the codebase and set standards. While the emphasis is on front-end design and development, the engineer should expect to pick up work across all aspects of the development stack.
ONLY CANDIDATES RESIDING IN THE USA MAY APPLY.
- Help set the architectural direction for our frontend code and assist with backend code.
- Maintain and build upon a singular code base that can deploy to multiple platforms (PWA, native mobile app, etc.)
- Create test cases with a minimum of 80% coverage to ensure code reliability and integrity.
- Create elegant, robust code.
- Understand and commit to the testing processes.
- Strive to write code that is high quality and easily maintainable.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment where the requirements and needs are constantly evolving.
- Help customer success and QA team troubleshoot issues.
- Keep up with new technologies when sensible and make improvements where possible.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Is self-motivated, needs very little oversight, can take ownership of the product, and can deliver features on time.
- Has worked on multiple production-grade, performant web applications in React.
- Keeps themselves up to date on new React features like Hooks and Context.
- Has a good grasp of how React Router works.
- Has experience with data fetching libraries such as SWR or React-Query.
- Has a good understanding of web technologies like CSS and SCSS and strives to create not just beautiful but also accessible applications.
- Has troubleshot and made performance improvements to React applications.
- Has worked with an Object-Oriented programming language and understands OOPS concepts.
- Understands RESTful architecture and has written REST APIs.
- Has used an RDBMS like SQL Server / MySQL / Oracle.
- Is comfortable with React testing frameworks and tools like Jest, Mocha and Enzyme and continuously works to improve code coverage.
- Cares about the quality of their code.
- Puts the product above everything else and can compromise on perfection to get a release out when needed.
- Is humble, approachable, easy to work with and enjoys mentoring junior engineers.
- Is constantly seeking challenges and takes pride in creating features that customers love.
- Preferably, has knowledge and experience with React Native and/or Ionic React.
- Preferably, has knowledge and experience with Azure.
- Preferably, has knowledge and experience with .NET Core.
Related keywords: software engineer, full stack developer, C# developer, software developer, web developer
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Pyx Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Pyx Health is committed to building a workplace and community where diversity and inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.