Senior Full Stack Engineer - Booking Experience
- USA Only
Title: Senior Full Stack Engineer – Booking Experience
Location: US / Remote
TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s Best Places Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s Best Places Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
TaskRabbit’s Booking Experience team is responsible for making it easy for our Client customers to find the right Taskers. We want our Clients to be confident and comfortable with their options, presenting them with recommendations that will ensure a quality experience. On this team you’ll have the opportunity to work on our booking flow, recommendations, Tasker profile and Tasker ratings & reviews, amongst other projects.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer on the Booking Experience team, you’ll be a key member of our team, mentoring entry and mid-level Engineers, proposing creative solutions, de-tangling the complex into the simple, and collaborating closely with teammates and Product. Our engineering team uses Ruby on Rails on the backend, React.js on the web frontend and React Native for our mobile applications. We’re looking for someone who is an expert in the backend but also comfortable and interested in working with the frontend as well.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Collaborating with Engineering, Design, and Product to conceptualize new infrastructural features and improvements for our client-facing code
- Contributing to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participating in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Investing in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Helping solve debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborating across teams to promote consistency
- Improving the stability of existing and new backend & frontend code
- A strong technical mentor to Entry and Mid-level Software Engineers
- Providing technical leadership and communicating overall progress to Engineering Leadership
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Professional experience developing with Ruby on Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Understand how to organize code across the stack: what belongs in the backend and frontend
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and can scope high priority projects
- Great attention to detail and focus on code quality
- Experience with Design Systems and tooling such as Storybook