Senior Full Stack Engineer
- 0 applicants (0%)
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world... Wyre's APIs make that happen.
Wyre's on a mission to bring crypto to the masses - we're pumped about building the infrastructure that will be used to build the future.
For visionary developers who want to build the next great crypto company, Wyre is the crypto stack that brings together the most powerful payment APIs in one place. To accomplish this mission, we've built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to- Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, Ledger) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) Our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow projects to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
As of December 2021, Wyre has raised over $55M in funding and currently is the backbone to over 1,200 partners and 7.6M accounts.
We're growing our dev team and looking for a solid Full Stack Engineer to join our growing engineering team. In joining the team, you would be building and refining our tools and process in our money transfer system. Ready to be part of a small, specialized team where you can have direct influence on product and decision-making processes? If you're process-focused, have a hacker mentality, and consider yourself curious and a lifelong learner, we want to meet you. We're built on Java, RxJava, MySQL, AWS, ExpressJS, React, Node, Kafka.
We're excited to have you join us on this adventure.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Curate a positive and innovative experience for new and existing customers
- Build, test, scale, support and frequently refine new customer features and services
- Contribute to design, architecture, and construction of our core platform
- Be an owner of what you build, managing the entire product lifecycle
- Tackle a wide variety of coding challenges throughout the stack and contribute to all parts of our code base
- Build a platform to process billions of dollars in transactions
- Own your project timelines and deliverables
- You have respect for the code - you leave it better than you found it
- Curious and constantly looking to improve, you spend your free time learning and teaching yourself new skills
- You focus on the product, while still keeping in mind the technical problems inherent in building software
- Thorough, disciplined, methodical, and systematic are words you would use to describe yourself
- You enjoy sharing ideas and talking through engineering problems with your team, but you stay productive and accomplish your goals
- You are able to pivot on projects, prioritize tasks in the product pipeline, and communicate changes effectively with your team
- Interest in crypto and blockchain
- 5+ yrs working experience
- Experience in async programming paradigms (our backend is written using RxJava)
- Entrepreneurial and team player attitude
- Startup experience preferred
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employee
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup