Senior Full Stack Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title:Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Remote, (United States)
MoonPay builds web3 infrastructure for the crypto economy. Our on- and off- ramp, NFT checkout and minting infrastructure provide end-to-end advisory and tools for all web3 needs in over 160 countries. Our vision is to unlock ownership for everyone and our mission is to onboard the world into web3 where people can own, create and share value freely.
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide.
Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take
responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B – Be Humble
- L – Lead with Empathy
- O – Own It
- C – Communicate Clearly
- K – Kaizen
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organise in small cross-functional squads of 3-5 engineers and an embedded Product Manager, Product Designer and Product Data Analyst. We currently have 3 squads across Payments / Finance, Compliance / Fraud and Core Product / Growth. Over time these squads will split out and we are also building new squads focusing on new revenue streams and product verticals. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialise.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.JS for our backend platform
- GraphQL & REST for communicating between our frontend and backend
- TypeORM, TypeDI, Type-GraphQL and Routing-Controllers for our backend libraries
- React with Apollo for building our customer facing products
- Postgres as our core database
What you’ll do
- Architect and develop new and existing products and features.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Implement UX and UI in our customer facing app and sometimes design it yourself based on our existing design system and components.
- Scale our systems to support our ever growing partner and consumer base.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Integrate and work closely with external service providers to ensure smooth operation.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code on both backend and frontend.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline.
- Lead squads from an Engineering perspective, partnering closely with Product Managers.
You should apply if
- You have extensive engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- You are confident developing, releasing and maintaining web applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- You’re comfortable working a full stack role on the front and backend.
- You have either had experience with some of our tech stack or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- You have cloud native experience with AWS or similar e.g Google Cloud
- Bonus points if you make open-source contributions or have experience in payments or FinTech.
These are ideal but not all required as we know some people (e.gwomen) are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
- Stock options
- Unlimited holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Home office setup allowance
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility