Senior Frontend React Developer
Location: International, Anywhere (GMT+0, +1,+2 +3); 100% Remote
At AutoUncle we are driving transparency and helping millions of people internationally navigate the jungle of buying a car. With our search engine and price comparison, we are the leading aggregator to help potential car buyers, like yourself, make informative and easy decisions while searching for your next vehicle.
As part of the Engineering team at AutoUncle, you’ll work on interesting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work remotely in an agile and collaborative environment, where we challenge the norms of traditional business practices and focus on results. Our DNA at AutoUncle is based on transparency and respect, that is why we are The Most Human Company.
To collaborate effectively we expect you to live in time zones GMT+0, GMT+1,GMT+2 or GMT+3 and have experience with working remotely.
We’re looking for an accomplished Senior Frontend React developer who is passionate about building great products, has natural decision making abilities and someone who loves being part of a team, while enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
We’re not picky about academic background, but expect that you:
- Communicate effectively in English (written and verbally)
- Enjoy taking challenging initiatives, you want to lay the ground and create something new
- Appreciate working in an environment where you contribute to the conventions and culture (we’re always refining how we work)
- Have experience building high-scale consumer frontends (SEO, frontend speed optimization, responsiveness, GDPR and Google Analytics/Optimize)
Great to Haves:
- Worked on a marketplace product
- Next.js and/or React Native experience
- Experience implementing design systems
- Knowledge about A/B testing
- Worked on migrating projects from Ruby on Rails to React (e.g. Rails APIs)
- Have experience scaling the usage of a product within a specific market or have worked within a Growth team
As a Senior Frontend React developer, you will be a critical part in taking AutoUncle and our technological depth to the next level. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Our current stack runs on React.js, Ruby on Rails, Webpack, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Dedicated servers + AWS.
We work using Github, Slack, Trello, Honeybadger, Google Analytics/Optimize, New Relic, Semaphore as well as a range of internally built monitoring and management systems.
Want to Learn More!
As a leader of innovation in Europe, AutoUncle’s vision is to become the most used platform for making hassle-free deals globally. In combination with the company vision, AutoUncle works methodically to be The Most Human Company – a place where employees can be ambitious, have a big international impact, and bring their full humanity to work. Take a look at what it’s like to work at AutoUncle and meet the teams!
- Remote status – Fully Remote