Senior Frontend Developer - Shopify
Softlimit is a fully remote (though mostly NYC and LA based) design and development agency working with brands on Shopify Plus. With over a decade of experience as eCommerce experts—we enhance, optimize, and custom-build sites/themes on Shopify Plus, helping our clients make the most of their online stores.
What We're Looking For:
We are hiring a Senior Frontend Developer with at least 3+ yrs experience working on Shopify. You have a deep understanding of the Shopify Platform and its relationships plus HTML, (S)CSS, Liquid, JS, Version Control/Git, etc. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about optimization and strategy. Prior agency experience and working knowledge of Webpack + JS Frameworks and Tailwind are all big pluses. You are able to see the big picture in even the smallest problems. You are also organized, communicative, and excited about the opportunity to become an integral member of a tight, but growing team.
As a Softlimit Developer, you will be expected to learn our client's themes and be a proactive problem-solver on their behalf. Implementation of Custom Section types, App integrations, Cart functionality, Product Filtering systems, and Landing Page builds are all examples of the type of assignments you will see.
Our efforts are collaborative and we encourage our team members to bring new ideas and past experiences to the table, including peer reviews and helping guide Jr. Developers. As a team, we are working to push the limits of what's possible on the Shopify platform.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation, 401k, Healthcare Premium Reimbursement, and flexible time off + Holidays. Our home base is NYC, so the position follows EST business hours. We respect your work/family/life balance and minimize any night or weekend hours for the team. The ideal candidate will be available for regular communication on Slack and Video Chat and is familiar with task management systems like ClickUp or Asana.
What sets you apart:
- 2yrs + Agency Experience
- Webpack Experience
- Tailwind Experience
- NPM Experience
- Google Tag Manager and Optimize Experience
- Ruby on Rails Experience
- Working Knowledge of Accessibility and SEO Best Practices
- Deep understanding of the Shopify relationships and attributes of products, variants, sections, templates, collections, etc.
- Frontend development experience with a portfolio (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Git/Version Control
- Experience with frontend development and JS frameworks
- Experience with website Speed and Performance optimization
- Experience writing Shopify section and settings schema (Online Store 2.0)
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs (Klaviyo, ReCharge, etc)
- An understanding of development -> production workflows and deployment practices
- Orderly project structures and code cleanliness.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills (Native-level English fluency preferred)
- Time-tracking & good time management skills (Balance of Speed vs Quality)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays) + Sick Days
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Healthcare Premium Reimbursement
- 100% Work From Home
- Annual Education Stipend for seminars, training, conferences, etc
- After 1 year with Softlimit, eligible for hardware/software/home office stipend