Senior Front-End Engineer
Title: Senior Front-End Engineer
Location: New York or Remote US
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it’s a slice of life. Across the world, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom and pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
What you’ll do:
We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food: It turns everyday moments into memories and brings together friends, families, and communities. And when you order pizza from a place in your neighbourhood, you support a local business. So whether you call it a pizza parlour, slice joint, or pizzeria, we’re here to help you order authentic local pizza and live your best slice life.
We are on the hunt for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join us at Slice! You will help develop our customer facing web applications using the latest in front end technologies and design patterns, while helping us grow our product offering by making great engineering decisions, mentoring some new blood and more!
What we. love to see:
- Ability to create clean and organised front-end code that optimally loads
- Fluent verbal and written English skills with strong communication skills
- Positive approach to work, and treat others well.
- Ability and experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience writing production React applications
- Experience setting up and using metrics, monitoring and analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision and goals for a web product, and looking at things from the user’s perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Rails backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, and sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring and maximising the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
- Love for pizza