Senior Front End Engineer
Time zones: JST (UTC +9) CST (UTC +8) WIB (UTC +7) MMT (UTC +6:30) BST (UTC +6) NPT (UTC +5:45) IST (UTC +5:30) UZT (UTC +5) IRDT (UTC +4:30) GST (UTC +4) LINT (UTC +14) TOT (UTC +13) CHAST (UTC +12:45) LHST (UTC +10:30) AEST (UTC +10) ACST (UTC +9:30) ACWST (UTC +8:45) MART (UTC -9:30) NUT (UTC -11)
We’re searching for a Senior Frontend Engineer with experience in complex and dynamic environments to join our team. The core mission of our engineers is to build a product that our customers will love. You'll be collaborating particularly with our other engineers across the region, and our CTO based in Sydney, Australia.
Your role will involve contributing to the planning, design, creation, testing and documentation of features and web services provided by Sked. You’ll be integral in building advanced frontend architecture and automation for better product and engineering performance. As a senior team member, you will need to practice a high degree of ownership and be confident responding to requests for information and advice, whilst balancing competing demands to be sure we achieve our objectives.
In addition, it’s essential that you share knowledge, ideas, and solutions with the team, remove technical debt, mentor junior engineers and implement best practices to support our culture.
Our current tech stack is MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, and Node), running on AWS. The frontend was originally written in Angular but we’ve migrated 70% to React (and working on the remainder). We use social media API endpoints such as Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google My Business, etc, CI/CD, and BI tools for engineering and product planning.
To be effective, we believe you need to:
- Bring several years of experience in Frontend development, with a high level of ownership and a commitment to quality and best practice
- Have proven skills across React, Redux, Typescript, ES6, CSS3, HTML5, and Restful APIs
- Have experience with writing tests using tools like Jest, Enzyme, or Cypress
- Love deploying well-tested and effective code to production
- Be committed to developing your skills and perfecting your craft
- Have shipped product (that is, something people paid for), ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Love working in a small team, being productive relatively rapidly, and getting straight into the 'thick of it'
- Not be afraid of debugging complicated issues or working on refactoring/updating older code
- Enjoy working on a mix of new projects and improvements to existing features
- Experience with Figma, product design, and Node + MongoDB is also beneficial.
Some understanding or experience in social media management and/or social networks (from a business users' perspective or their API) is highly desirable but not essential.
To be considered, apply now (including a short covering note, introducing yourself) and I'll be in touch (Rebecca). We have a streamlined, straightforward interview process and make decisions swiftly.
Note: You will need to be based in a timezone +/- 4hrs from AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) to enable effective teamwork.