Senior Firmware Engineer I
- 0 applicants
Title: Senior Firmware Engineer I
Location: United States
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email: Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Contribute to IoT Device-level Firmware Infrastructure as part of the Platform Firmware development team and advance Axon’s mission to Protect Life and Capture Truth in the Moment. Platform Firmware supports all of Axon’s Camera- based products and accessory products. Firmware development environments include both Embedded Linux on System-on-Chips (C, C++) and RTOS on Microcontrollers (C). Solve very challenging Firmware problems while applying Data Structure and Object Oriented thinking to build infrastructure APIs used by Axon’s Embedded Product teams.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from USA, Canada OR Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ or Seattle, WA offices at-will Reports to: Director of Engineering, Platform Firmware
Direct Reports: None
- Firmware Design and Development of IoT infrastructure for current and next-gen Camera-related products
- Develop Firmware in C, C++ for Microcontrollers, System-on-Chips and System-on-Modules
- Develop Firmware in C, C++ for Cellular LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BLE, Sub-GHz, GNSS and related RF technologies
- Support Electrical Engineering with Board Bring-up and Hardware Debugging Support
- Collaborate with distributed teams such as Embedded Product Teams (i.e., Business Logic), Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing and Compliance
- Collaborate with System-on-Chip and Modem vendors to optimize for IoT use-cases and key performance parameters
- Drive Engineering Excellence by not only being responsible for Unit, System Testing and Documentation, but also advancing Firmware capabilities and instrumentation on Automated Test Systems used by multiple teams
- Be a Team Player, Mentor, Strong Communicator and be ready and willing to support the Team when needed
What You Bring
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Real-world Industry Firmware or Embedded experience of 6 years developing on IoT products
- Experience with both Kernel and User-space Embedded Linux with exposure to Yocto, OpenWRT or other Embedded Distros for Board Support Packaging
- Experience with RTOS on Microcontrollers
- Experience with C, C++ with familiarity with Python or Golang
- Basic ability to read Datasheets and Schematics
- Strong understanding of Computer Architecture and Peripherals
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems, Concurrency and Networking concepts
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Object Oriented Design Patterns
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work