Senior Engineering Manager, Core Product - Cisco Meraki
Comp: $200K-$250K Base Salary (Dependent on work location) + Annual Cisco RSU's + 25% annual performance bonus + 401k (4.5% match) + Attractive sign on bonus
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works!
Our product portfolio consists of switches, routers, cameras, and many other devices, each supported by their own engineering team. As members of the Core Product team we develop and maintain features and components that span multiple products, and we work closely with other engineering teams to set coding quality, maintainability, testing, and documentation standards. Our customers aren’t limited to those who buy Meraki equipment; we measure our success by the experience of everyone who interacts with our product, from other teams across the organization to the end users of our customers’ networks.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead and grow our team. Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on that of our teams. We place a high value on cultivating the growth and development of our people. You will be an important person to help us deliver on this promise.
Examples of your responsibilities:
- Set the tone for the team to foster an inclusive, diverse, collaborative environment where people thrive
- Remove roadblocks, provide mentorship, set up professional and personal goal development, and ensure the team is achieving their full potential
- Partner with other engineering groups to identify coding/design pain points and distill them into actionable projects
- Partner with product security and engineering teams to ensure components, libraries, and build systems are maintained at secure versions
- Partner with Customer Support to identify serviceability tools that allow them to debug issues with our products rather than relying on Engineering teams
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Managed and inspired high-performing developers
- Established relationships with other engineering teams and successfully navigated tradeoffs between short-term customer facing commitments and longer-term engineering quality requirements
- Led a team that has successfully developed and maintained critical components to high quality standards
Bonus points for having experience with:
- Developing in languages such as C++, C, and Golang
- Coding computer networking or distributed systems