Senior Distributed System Developer
- 1 applicant (10%)
Dagabase is a decentralized Cloud data storage solution that keeps things simple.
And by simple, we mean: secure, stable, and cost-effective. By removing the complexity and drama from what should have always been guaranteed simplicity, we make room for magic.
Dagabase is comprised of a strong, ever-growing network of independent devices. The solution is decentralized, which means that you are not dependent on third-party controls or vulnerable to third-party outages. Decentralized data storage is not concentrated in the hands of only one player. It is, instead, a system of devices and nodes owned - and “rented out” - by enterprises or even individuals. While Dagabase provides the solution and the network, the availability of your data is guaranteed by multiple independent participants within the network, and control lies with you.
If you are energized by the chance to play a key role in tackling decentralization challenges and unlocking new opportunities for Dagabase, to help us help millions of organizations reclaim their data and own their cloud.
About the position
We are looking for a WebAssembly Developer to help us shape the future of the cloud.
You will be part of a team focused on creating our main platform experience with web3 technologies. This position is perfect for someone enthusiastic about web3 products and who wants to work on initiatives with major impact and cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for an exceptional developer to lead by example, participate in task-oriented development, roadmap planning, and prepare the necessary foundational work to ensure our platform is successful.
You will work in a senior team to ensure that changes proposed for our web application are suitable both for the customer and the long-term health of our product and Dagabase itself. In addition, you will monitor the impact of deployed changes to ensure we maintain the high standards we expect from ourselves and our product.
You enjoy building data-intensive and computation-based applications and want to push the boundaries of what cloud computing applications can do. If that sounds like you, we invite you on a journey mixed with challenges, fun, and gratification. As a result, you will be an integral part of changing the decentralized web landscape as the world knows it.
- Proficiency in Rust and Wasm
- Ability to extend Wasm for distributed cloud computing
- Understanding of Web RTC and progressive web apps
- Experience with Vite, Docker, Git, and CI/CD
- Experience in mobile and responsive development
- Agile: able to move quickly and be adaptable to hit bold and daring goals.
- Intellectually Curious: energized by variety and change and always looking for ways to introduce new approaches that challenge the status quo
- Analytical: comfortable turning numbers into knowledge and action.
- Proactive: bias for action and independent thinking in ambiguous environments
- Humble: ready to learn from others and yourself; eager for professional and personal growth
- Empathetic: a human who engages deeply with other humans.
- Courageous: willing to fight for your beliefs and champion new approaches, especially when it is hard and risky to do so
- Remote Work
- Paid Time Off
- Training and learning reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Equity Opportunities
- Cobra Reimbursement
Dagabase is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis.
Note: A coding challenge and identity verification are a required part of employment.