Senior DevSecOps Engineer
- 5 applicants
Title: Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Location: Toronto, Palo Alto, San Francisco, London
Type: Full-time, Remote
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We’re driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer you will:
- Harden our infrastructure and cloud-native environments (AWS, OCI, GCP) by introducing secure by default designs and features into network, tooling, and processes
- Proactively drive cloud and network security initiatives on the Security team
- Integrate security into our applications throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and act as a crucial bridge between development and security, ensuring that software is built and deployed securely without compromising agility and speed
- Write Go/Python code, security peer review code, build proofs of concept and implement automation scripts
- Own and drive resolutions for enabling engineers to design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale by deploying secure architectures using infrastructure-as-code and reusable code libraries
You may be a good fit if:
- 5+ years of previous experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, Application/Product Security or software development with a strong focus on security tool onboarding and optimization
- You have experience in managing cloud platforms and services (AWS and OCI experience is preferred)
- You have experience with one or more of infrastructure automation, network segmentation, system hardening, container security concepts, and security observability
- You have an understanding of network security, cloud security concepts, and industry best practices across many fields of security
- You have experience with multiple languages such as Golang and/or Python
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to make informed decisions with little data
- You are able to make trade-offs between build vs. buy decisions – help build solutions and able to review what tools are available
- You understand secure engineering best practices, can articulate problem statements and propose solutions to both technically savvy and non-technical audiences
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
An open and inclusive culture and work environment
Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
Free daily lunch
Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.