Senior Backend/Data Engineer
- 6 applicants (12%)
Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
Our user base is growing fast, and so is the team around it.
– As part of a small team, everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
– Work from anywhere on your own schedule. As a remote-first company, we communicate with tools like Slack, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
– Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer, or medieval history. You interact with them directly to understand how we can make their work more productive.
Our backend infrastructure stores, processes, and searches hundreds of millions of academic articles. We use Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and AWS.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase to provide a fast and reliable backend for all our products (web, mobile, desktop). You can also work on data-heavy projects, including applications of large language models and AI.
– You can work independently and write clean, reusable, and testable code.
– You can work and communicate within a Scrum team and produce production- ready code efficiently and on time.
– You have worked on data-heavy applications before and have experience with the required database and backend technologies.
– You can design and implement REST APIs.
More useful experience (optional):
– AWS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Linux
– Basic data science skills (web scraping, data transformations, data cleaning, data normalization, …)
– AI and language models
– Background in research or academia
– Base compensation €40,000-€72,000 based on the level of your experience (plus variable bonus).
– 4 weeks paid vacation + local holidays.
– Learn and grow. Try out new things. We sponsor relevant courses, seminars, and conferences.