Senior Backend Laravel Engineer
At Rally, our goal is to solve one of the most critical points in the e-commerce shopping experience - the checkout. Rally offers merchants a better, more profitable checkout solution that is being built to support the inevitable Web3 future of commerce. We are looking for a Senior Backend Laravel Engineer to join our team. You will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable APIs and developing various backend systems and operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the e-commerce space, has a strong technical background, and loves creating an outstanding customer experience.
This is an exciting and formative moment in Rally’s growth as a product and a company. If you are interested in building something new, working with emergent technology, and collaborating with kind, fun, and thoughtful people, we encourage you to apply.
Want to learn more about Rally and hear from our leadership? Check out our blog for more on the product, our philosophy around headless commerce, and our next steps in Web3. You can also read more about Rally on our About Us page. And, you can listen to Jordan Gal, our CEO, talking about Rally on his podcast here. Want to experience the Rally checkout live? You can see it in action on our demo store.
This role will
- Create powerful, flexible, and highly scalable APIs
- Develop various backend systems and operations
- Architect, define and maintain our database and models
- Ensure our systems can keep up their high performance and responsiveness
- Be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting existing functionality
- Join us in sprint planning and retrospectives
- Collaborate and problem solve with the Product team
- Make a lasting impact on our stack and the future of e-commerce
Who you are
- Minimum 5 years of experience in backend systems and API development
- Advanced knowledge of PHP (minimum of 5 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 2 years)
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
- Excellent REST API understanding
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent time management skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite, and similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambitious, the ability to think beyond the everyday, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
Nice to haves
- AWS Knowledge
- Ecommerce knowledge
- Scrum and agile development
- Experience with high-performance systems
- Deep understanding of database operations
- This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in a European time zone, but we are open to other time zones on a case-by-case basis.
Who We Are
We #rallytogether in all things. We are a small team; you won’t hear “that’s not my job.” We value accountability, creativity, and fostering an inclusive and transformative experience for ourselves and our community of merchants. We are looking for those who are guided by a growth mindset and have the ability to think beyond the typical playbook. We care about the success of our customers and our company. We are willing to do the work, have the hard conversations, and take ownership in the service of delivering value to the customer. We do not believe in the allowance of brilliant jerks and are always working towards creating high psychological safety. If you are excited about our mission of empowering e-commerce merchants and building out the headless ecosystem, we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure that you meet every requirement in this posting.
Benefits & Perks
- We are a small team; your work will have a big impact
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- Stipends for work-from-home setup
- Learning and development resources
- Flexible work schedule, with an open vacation policy
- A kind, thoughtful, and enthusiastic team
Rally is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.