Senior Backend Engineer
Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Anywhere (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK AT LP AS A BACKEND ENGINEER?
- We share your love for technology and use it to make a difference in the lives of our consumers. (On the backend, we use Python & Django)
- You will experience an “Owner” Culture where your ownership over a product or business vertical is free from micromanagement. You make your schedule and pick what you want to focus on.
- Work-life balance, we have challenges but it won’t cost your mental health. You get every 3rd Friday off to take care of you!
- You can contribute to the product and LP more than just developing tasks, the team is very open to suggestions or improvements
- Leadership is integrated into the business and rolls its sleeves up right alongside you. They understand what it takes to solve complex business problems.
- We are an extremely fun and tight-knit team (our company retreats are fabulous), so we are very selective about who we hire to ensure we remain the best place to work.
OUR CURRENT TECH STACK IS
- Linux/Ubuntu, Nginx, Docker, AWS
- Postgresql, Memcached, Redis
- S3, Athena, Kinesis
- Frontend languages and Libraries
- Vanilla JS, Vue.js, React, Node.js, GraphQL
- Tailwind, Miligram, Scss, Flexbox
- Webpack, Jest, Puppeteer
- CircleCI, New Relic, Sentry
- Slack (our GIF game is strong)
We need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity to lead our technical path and be empowered to drive our products.
Our team has built groundbreaking technology that allows us to understand millions of users on a daily basis by collecting demographic, behavioral, and other self-declared data sets. On any given day you might be working on our proprietary platform creating solutions that reach across our portfolio of brands driving customer acquisition and user engagement on a massive scale OR you might be improving our machine learning algorithms which in return influences user behavior and business success. Whatever it may be, you will be making an impact!
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Conceptualizing and refining solutions to well-understood user problems
- Providing thoughtful mentoring and guidance to other engineers
- Exploring and evangelizing modern standards
- Testing and implementing cutting-edge technologies were needed
- Improving engineering efficiency via strategic investments, libraries, processes, etc.
- Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Coding, reviewing, deploying, reflecting, updating -> rinse and repeat
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Expert in Python Web Development and Frameworks, we use Django
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Data modeling around complicated relationships
- Must be able to write maintainable/scalable/efficient code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Fluent in back-end development and distributed systems
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Good unit test and integration testing principles
- Strong understanding of:
- REST APIs principles, protocols & verbs.
- Design patterns
- Relational databases i.e PostgreSQL / MySQL and exposure of any of the NoSql Databases i.e MongoDB / DynamoDB
- Messaging queues like RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ
- Caching tools Redis / Memcache
- Linux operating system administration
- Git version control
- CI/CD services like CircleCI
- Experience with:
- ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- AWS platform and services
- Server-side templating languages such as Django, Jinja 2, Mako, etc.
From Day One, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!