Senior Back End Engineer
- North America
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) AST (UTC -4) NST (UTC -3:30)
About the Role:
Cube is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team located across the US and Canada. We’re a remote-first company that is motivated by supporting people in typically unsung roles like Finance. Our goal as a company is to create an extremely simple and straightforward product in an industry (Financial Planning and Analysis, FP&A) that deals with complex data and modeling. As a team, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take ownership across the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement, psychological safety, and great communication and collaboration.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll partner closely with our Engineering and Product teammates, as well as our Marketing and Customer Success Teams. You’ll report to our Head of Engineering, Jason Bellamy.
This is a great opportunity to come into a focused team and build out processes and structures that will elevate the entire Engineering department.
- Our back-end is written in Python and built using Django.
- Our infrastructure is hosted within AWS and follows the well-architected framework.
- Our processes are driven by automation, experimentation, observability and security.
What you’ll be doing
- Consistently writing production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Own the observability and monitoring for their teams' domain and uses data to suggest improvements.
- Offering honest, accurate critique and ensures that feedback is always used for growth through respectful conversation and collaboration
- Nurture an environment of continuous growth within your team by providing motivation, mentorship and learning opportunities.
- Take ownership of the practices and processes within your team and constantly focus on their improvement.
- Foster a culture of goal setting within your team and ensure everyone is continuously working towards their goals.
- Build a psychologically safe environment where everyone on your team feels comfortable giving and receiving open and honest feedback.
Who you are
- Exceptional communication skills and can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience creating and maintaining high-performant software in a remote-first environment.
- Proven track record of delivering well-designed, well-tested and performant software solutions within an agile environment.
Why you’ll love it here!
We provide an equitable path for career growth with a well-defined skills matrix that supports both individual contributor and management paths. We promote work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation and supportive mentorship.
- We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off that day to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
- Choose your own equipment setup
- Unlimited vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan - you're eligible for immediately and can start contributing right away
- The opportunity to be part of an earlier stage high-growth company and be a part of a team of caring folks located around the US and in Canada
You are welcome at our table!
We listed a lot of items above. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply if you don’t have experience with all of them. Your unique experience and perspective will be valued on our team, so please apply if you’re interested!
Cube Software is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. We appreciate diverse skill sets and critical thinking skills to build the best experiences for our clients. Cube is happy to provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.