Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a RoR full Stack Developer to join our growing team! We are a remote-friendly company and encourage anyone in the United States to apply.
As a Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer at Estimate Rocket, youll be joining a dynamic engineering team developing end-to-end features that help our customers grow their businesses by an average of 34% every year. Your primary focus will be the development of scalable, performant solutions to the practical challenges our customers face every day.
Why Work With Us:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- EyeMed Vision Care Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Bereavement Leave
- An Exciting and Supportive Work Environment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee assistance program
- PLUS MORE PERKS: On top of these benefits, we also offer exciting perks! Including, our charitable giving program, holiday gifts, a home office set up (for our remote staff), and an employee referral program.
What We Are Looking For:
BA degree in engineering, computer science, other related field or previous experience within similar role
4+ years experience building Ruby on Rails applications; with samples available upon request
Proficiency/familiarity with code versioning tools and the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Git and Github
- Unix based operating systems or equivalent
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong commitment to user experience and customer satisfaction
Excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to be self motivated, and well organized in a distributed working environment
Excited to learn new technologies and quickly jump into unfamiliar territory
Write high quality, well-structured code, tests, and commit messages
History of shipping successfully released applications (please include names and links on your resume)
Who We Are:
Estimate Rocket is a Mobile first SaaS application for service contractors that manages their projects from lead to paid, and lets them get work done from anywhere. The project encompasses CRM, Estimating, Scheduling, Invoicing, Payment processing and much more. Basically our job is to help companies take their business to the next level through systems and technologies!
Our Core Values:
- Blow Em Away - leave a great impression.
- We've Got Your Back - We care about our customers, we care about our colleagues and we care about what we are creating.
- Enjoy the Ride - Looking for the best in every situation will always yield a better outcome.
- Clear is Kind - Unclear is Unkind. Don't be afraid of tough conversations.
Estimate Rocket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic.
What You'll Be Doing:
Turn specs and reported issues into scalable, production-ready code using TDD and other best practices
Identifying solutions to technical issues such as changes to infrastructure, reading logs and exceptions, and creating specs from user-reported issues
Designing and implementing robust applications
Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
Ability to collaborate both internally and externally to discover new solutions
Ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively in order to be able to come to agreement on direction and plans
Ability to be self-motivated, manage time and priorities well, and forecast the time and effort that a feature might take
3 Easy Steps to Get Hired:
1. Fill out the questionnaire.
2. If you are qualified, you will be sent an assessment for you to complete and a link to schedule your initial screening.
3. Once passed, you will be invited for a series of video or audio interviews.