- USA Only
Location: US / Remote
About the Job
The team is responsible for building tools and services that enable TaskRabbit developers to be efficient and productive. We govern, architect, and build required services that aim to provide high-quality tools for writing, testing, and debugging code. Additionally, many core aspects of architecture are owned by this team. We work in a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
As a Ruby Engineer, you will join a team that designs, builds, evolves, and maintains the foundational backend ecosystem that reduces development time at TaskRabbit. Your decisions will have a significant impact on the productivity of engineers. There’s a lot of work to do to make our platform even more reliable and powerful than it is today.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Designing & driving new changes that increase the productivity of engineers.
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements, and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listen to feedback, and comment on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend code
You should have:
- Overall 2-3+ years of experience in software development.
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in building API-driven applications or endpoints.
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience in building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the group to get those executed.
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Passion for improving the developer experience and mentorship.
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps.
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Have great attention to detail and quality.
- Love collaborating together with a tight-knit team.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin, and London
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office