Remote Software Engineer
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Bount is turning the tables on crowdfunding and gig economies with a new approach to consumer marketplaces. Our team is excited to welcome new engineers to join us in our goal to build a new way of funding causes and connecting creators with their fans.
About the Role
🌎 Work remotely anywhere in the U.S. – We're fully remote so your work- life balance and needs can come first.
🎨 Build a new product from scratch - We're just getting started and it's a completely blank canvas!
😎 Work closely with an all-star team – So far, our founding team includes seasoned startup founders, PhDs, patent holders, and lifelong builders and creators.
🎁 Best-in-class benefits and perks – Insurance, stock options, flexible vacation time and encouraged personal days, generous home-office and workstation budget, co-working space reimbursement, and more.
👐 Respect and professionalism above all - Join a culture that values respect, collaboration, and professionalism just as much as innovation and achievement.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with design, product teams, and founders to take our mobile web and browser-based applications from concept to delivery.
- Participate in every stage of the software development and decision making process.
- Be part of an engineering team architecting and building a new product from the ground up.
- Collaborate on technology decisions to choose the tools, stack, and processes that make for an effective remote-first team.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience developing web applications, especially using a framework such as Angular/React/Vue, Ruby on Rails, Django, or Spring.
- Proficiency working with Git or other similar version control systems.
- Self-starters who enjoy the freedom and exploration that comes with working on a small team of other capable individuals.
- Bonus : Prior experience with payments and building consumer web apps.
We make use of battle-tested tools and technologies that have served as the foundation of some of the most successful tech companies, to date.
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Platform: AWS, Heroku, Docker, Terraform
- Tools and processes: Git(Hub), Agile/SCRUM, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Flexible work hours and a remote-first culture that places your work-life balance and needs first.
- Medical, dental, and vision care.
- Competitive startup salary.
- Ownership and equity in an early-stage, venture-backed startup.
- U.S. holidays and unlimited vacation policy.
- Occasional team retreats to celebrate our victories.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bount is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.