Time zones: SBT (UTC +11) GMT (UTC +0) CET (UTC +1) EET (UTC +2) MSK (UTC +3) AST (UTC -4) FKST (UTC -3) CEST (UTC +2) BST (UTC +1) JST (UTC +9) CST (UTC +8) WIB (UTC +7) MMT (UTC +6:30) BST (UTC +6) NPT (UTC +5:45) IST (UTC +5:30) UZT (UTC +5) IRDT (UTC +4:30) GST (UTC +4) CVT (UTC -1) WAT (UTC +1) SAST (UTC +2) EAT (UTC +3)
Your daily business:
- You drive our products in the right direction:
- Build, negotiate, and maintain product roadmaps
- Convert high-level feature proposals and customer problems into workable increments on product level
- Find the balance between new features, improvements, and fixes to ensure a sustainable velocity and a top-notch product
- Write well-structured documentation
- Consider financial aspects and the business value
- You contribute to starfish’s product engineering vision:
- Be part of x-project alignment and integration
- Drive innovation in your product area
- Communicate and evangelise your product vision within the starfish organisation
- You manage the product life cycle from cradle to grave:
- Integrate with the engineering teams along the full engineering life cycle
- Contribute to product documentation, demos, and marketing material
- Give feedback and synchronise with other involved roles to make sure everybody is synchronised around the product
- You collaborate with stakeholders and build bridges:
- Be in close synchronisation with customers, other consumers of the product, and the starfish management
- Keep everybody synchronised and informed
- Ensure effective communication and explain technical matters
Your expertise and skills:
- You have 3+ years of experience in product management, in the finance, banking, or insurance industry.
- Due to your engineering background, you are familiar with software engineering projects and able to find your way around in technical documentations/details and read code (ideally Java/Kotlin). Ideally, you have previous experience in the design of API products.
- In contrast to product managers, we expect a sufficiently deep technology acumen.
- Your way of working is well-structured, with in-depth quality awareness, a steady focus on the big bicture and a liking for documentation.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as strong analytical skills and experience in understanding new concepts quickly.
- You are team-oriented and proactive, have a hands-on mentality and proficiency in English.
- Our values: personal responsibility, flexibility and trust
- Our team: international, diverse and with flat hierarchies
- Our projects: inspiring, innovative and growth-oriented
- 100% remote: work where you feel most productive and happy
- Other benefits: permanent full-time employment contract, attractive compensation, modern IT equipment, regular social events, team coaching