ProdInfra Engineer, Ruby Modularity
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: ProdInfra Engineer, Ruby Modularity
Location: Denver, CO – Hybrid;San Francisco, CA – Hybrid;New York, NY – Hybrid;United States – Remote
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Ruby Modularity team, responsible for continued improvement of the application architecture in some of our most important backend applications. This team designs, develops, tests, and maintains tools for modularization work and engages in projects that increase and deepen modularity and architectural quality, crucial to Gusto’s continued growth as a product development organization and company.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Over the past years gusto has been contributing heavily to techniques of gradual modularization and Ruby at Scale. Much of our work is open-source at https://github.com/rubyatscale. This role works with those tools and the underlying principles to improve the application architecture of crucial applications in Gusto’s portfolio
- Refactor existing code to remove technical debt
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative, and high-performance culture
- Collaborate with our other technical infrastructure engineering teams, product development teams and also data science, operations, product management and design teams to lead and own developing end to end product experiences for complex customer needs from initial planning, execution, to final delivery
- Work with Leadership to help set priorities for both short term and long term roadmaps and to create accountability for progress on ongoing work
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of hands-on programming experience
- Experience with working on Ruby, Rails, and with modularization techniques like libraries, packages, and gradual modularization
- Experience in leading large scope technical projects and driving engineering excellence
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $ 151,000 to $231,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $183,000 to $272,000 for San Francisco & New York.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].