Principal Software Engineer
- USA Only
Title: Principal Software Engineer
Location: This is a remote work from home position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #virtualwork
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won t just imagine the future you ll create it.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the overall team delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions.
- Follow development guidelines within the organization and contribute through multiple competencies of engineering work (Agile, Coding, Testing tools, requirement analysis, development tools, etc.), oversees the sprint cycle, improve KPIs and team performance as a technical mentor for the rest of the team members.
- Work closely with business partners and product owner to fulfill the application requirement for each and every program increment (PI).
- Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages.
- Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include dynamic application security testing, interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing.
- Position will require to learn and monitor consumer patterns and evaluate strategic actions that will require to change and improve business use cases while ensuring production functionality remains the same with no customer impact.
- Support applications and solves configuration and environment issues.
- Support the software deployment process.
Job Contribution: Expert level technical professional. Advisor on technical knowledge and ATT technologies.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience.