We’re looking for a full-time Performance Engineer with extensive performance research experience to join our CTO Lab team and help continue improving Percona Software. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, you and your work will have a large impact. This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
What You Will Do
- Performance Research, find bottlenecks and areas for improvements in complex network and cluster environments like multi-cloud and kubernetes
- Performing Benchmark
- Preparing deep reports and documentation of the performed research. Prepare recommendations how to diagnose and fix found problems
- Work with the Percona Engineering for technical prototyping of proposed solutions
- Escalation point for Services - help with the complex issues
- Scripting skills (Bash, Lua, Python)
- Experience with databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with Performance profiling - ebpf, lttng, perf.
- Writing and presentation skills, examples of written reports
- Understanding of statistics. Distributions, standard deviations, median, average
- Experience with performance valuation and performance characterisation of different software
- Experience with Performance tuning. What is Linux , database settings to improve performance
- Presenting data. Charting software, R+ggplot2, Python + Panda, Gnuplot.
- Writing supporting articles.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Network clustering skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Published research work on diagnostic database, OS or network performance issues
- Source code repository that shows your skills at massive automation environments