Passionate and Responsible Developer Teamlead
EasyPractice is a SaaS company that enables clinicians and therapists all around the world to handle all their administrative work. This includes calendar overview, online booking, journaling, and much more. We’re growing steadily and have more than 35.000 clinics on our platform worldwide. So, if you want to be leading an agile development team that is passionate about solving problems and becoming better developers in the process, we might have something for you!
What your job will be
You will be leading a team of four full stack developers with various seniority and skill levels.
Being a development team-lead in EasyPractice means you are comfortable with taking full responsibility and ownership of the team’s tasks and projects. You will have daily communication with your employees and colleagues to make sure that progress is being made. As a team-lead you need to have experience with writing clear and concise code. Moreover, you must be able to scope features and ask the right questions when planning tasks and projects together with your team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Plan and structure development tasks and projects.
- Assist employees with creativity and technical expertise in their quest for solving problems.
- Delegate tasks to employees and assist in solving these.
- Making sure your and your team’s code is living up to best practices and is sustainable.
- Knowing how to write clear, concise, performant code.
- Knowing how to improve performance on EasyPractice by maintaining the codebase and being aware of technical debt.
- We expect you have solid experience with PHP/Laravel, Vue.js, MySQL, Bootstrap and TailwindCSS.
Furthermore, as you are being employed as a team-lead we expect you to be comfortable with what work that follows from being a leader. This means that you need to be comfortable with having status meetings, one-on-ones, growth talks with employees, and generally engage with your team and colleagues on a daily basis. These responsibilities would be time away from your code writing.
Who you are
You should be self-driven enough to drive the development forward, while also caring about the overall performance of the team. Hence, as a team-lead you need to make sure your employees have the necessary tools and information to solve the tasks they are given. Moreover, as a team-lead you will make sure the code is of high quality, so we expect you to have a detailed eye for edge- cases. Additionally, we want you to be well structured in your code, take responsibility for what you do, and want to constantly improve your already great coding skills. Furthermore,
- You are excellent with written and spoken English.
- You are communicative and attentive with employees.
- You are structured and have a sense of perspective.
- You are not afraid of taking responsibility and ownership for the entire team’s work and performance.
- You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You are able to scope, clearly define and estimate features with your team.
This is what we offer
EasyPractice is a remote-first company and we try to structure ourselves so that everyone can work from wherever they like to, and when they like to. However, while we value flexibility, individuality, and autonomy we put great pride in giving ownership to every team member. By applying for a position in EasyPractice we expect you to value ownership and responsibility and are capable of working structured remotely.
Does this sound like a position you would like?
First, we want to see you and your code. So to apply for this position we expect you to attach a link to your GitHub/GitLab/etc and/or your portfolio website along with a short video of yourself that shows us who you are and what you enjoy about development and motivations for working in this position. Lastly, please attach your CV.