Multiple Senior Software Engineering Roles
- North America
At RXNT, we think of ourselves as a backbone to the US healthcare system. Every day, we provide the digital foundation on which healthcare professionals serve patients, order medications and lab tests, bill insurance companies, and interact with the wider healthcare community.
22 years of blood, sweat, and tears have taught us that this pursuit comes with great responsibility. It’s in the best interest of everyone if we hold ourselves to high standards, think rigorously, and at times, act urgently.
As a member of RXNT’s EHR team, you’ll work on the software that powers physician’s offices across the nation. Systems for scheduling of appointments, point-of-care, ordering labs and prescriptions, and more - all under the umbrella of one product. At some times, you’ll work inside of regulatory frameworks like CURES and FHIR, and at other times you’ll look outside of the box for innovative ways to improve user experience and patient outcomes.
We’re looking for self-motivated people who love to learn, are comfortable in a fast-paced and quickly-growing environment, and who seek ownership.
What you'll be doing
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement substantial parts of RXNT’s EHR solution.
- You will join an all-hands effort in 2021 to migrate RXNT’s billing software from on-prem to a containerized, robust Azure deployment (alongside qualified external consultants).
- You will regularly review the code of your peers
- You will push for and maintain best practices like the Joel test, 12 factor app methodology, and quality unit tests
- Your engineering manager will help you understand key technical metrics to aim for (like SLA, P99 latency), and the product manager will help you understand how US healthcare professionals work and how we can best serve them.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have a proven track record (3+ years of experience) of architecting and engineering world-class, large scale commercial applications and services
- Are proficient in one or more object-oriented languages (such as C#/Java/C++)
- Are strong in computer science fundamentals (typically backed by a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, or a bachelor’s degree or higher in a math or science field plus strong professional experience)
- Are comfortable using a broad range of modern data systems (SQL, noSQL), bonus for specialized systems like columnar warehouses, message queues, caches
- You have experience with developing applications to run in Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Work on Open Source projects
- Speak publicly or write technical content
- Read voraciously
We're seeking candidates based in the United States.