Mid-to-Senior Frontend Engineer
🍌 NiftyApes is a NFT + DeFi protocol in stealth mode since Q3 of 2021. We've raised a significant Seed round with 2+ years runway from top industry investors, and are targeting a Q2 mainnet launch.
NiftyApes is a NFT collateralized lending protocol built on a revolutionary new DeFi primitive that enables on-demand liquidity for every unique asset in existence, even assets that haven't been created yet.
We envision a world with a more egalitarian and value-optimal debt market where loans are always true-market value and are as easy to get as tapping a button.
What We're Building
We're building brand new protocol and user experiences. We're looking for a front-end engineer excited to innovate with us in this new space.
Additionally, people are trusting us with some of their most prized digital possessions, and we take that trust seriously. We are assembling a team that knows how to balance shipping often with the imperative to ensure the Non- Fungibles are SAFU.
We move fast, but we also test a lot. 🙂
What your day-to-day looks like
- Work with the co-founders (seasoned builders working on crypto since 2017) to build the next generation of NFT + DeFi user experiences
- Build, test, and ship new user-facing code in modern tools, including reusable components and frontend libraries
Collaborate with designers, solidity and back-end engineers to translate wireframes, smart contracts, and business requirements into high-quality code
2-5 year of professional experience building interfaces in React, Redux, Typescript and ES6
Experience with Chakra UI & Storybook.js
Work well autonomously and can drive strong culture at early stage startups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can collaborate effectively on a breadth of technical and people topics
- 4 hour time zone overlap of US Mountain Standard Time and comfortable working in a distributed environment
Even better if you have:
- A passion for NFTs, DeFi, and/or crypto
- Have experience building the Web3 stack
- Prior experience with building interfaces for financial applications
Important note - Concerned that you don't check all of the boxes? You should still apply. We recognize that amazing folks have unique backgrounds and we're more interested in your experiences, fit, and motivation over a perfect on-paper resume.
Fulfilling work isn't just what you build , it's you build it with. We're committed to creating a work environment where amazing folks feel empowered to learn, grow, and launch amazing products. That's why we offer:
- Top quartile salary + equity compensation
- $2,000 remote-office set-up budget
- Flexible monthly budget for professional development (books, conferences, online classes)
- Flexible PTO (vacation and sick-leave)
- Health and dental insurance (US)
- A flexible remote-friendly work environment
NiftyApes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.