Manager of Software Engineering
We are seeking a world-class Manager of Toolchain Software Engineering, whose charter is to create a technical design and build team that can rapidly integrate dozens of tools in DataKitchen’s DataOps platform. There are hundreds of tools that our customers use to do their day to day work: data science, data engineering, data visualization, and governance. We have integrated many of those tools, but our customers are better served by starting with example ‘content.’ And for us, that content is Recipes/Pipelines with working tool integrations across the varied toolchains/clouds that our customers and prospects use to do data analytics. We want our customers to start from example content and be doing DataOps on their platform in less than 10 minutes.
This is your chance to create a team from scratch and build a capability that is essential to our company’s success. This is a technical role -- we are looking for a person who will code as well hire and manage a team of engineers to do the work. The position demands strong communication, planning, and management abilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and grow the Toolchain Software Engineering organization, building a highly professional and motivated group.
- Deliver example content and integrations with consistently high quality and reliability, in a timely and predictable manner.
- Responsible for the overall toolchain and example life cycle including testing, updates, design, and, open-source sharing, and documentation.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and building a best-of-class engineering team.
- Manage customer support issues in order to deliver a timely resolution to their software issues.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3-5 years of development experience building software or software tools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience at the Project Manager or engineering lead position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical experience in the following areas preferred:
- Python, Docker, SQL, AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Understanding data science, data visualization, data quality, or data integration
- Jenkins, DevOps, CI/CD
- Leadership with flexibility and self-motivation – with a problem solver's attitude.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with a collaborative work style
- Customer focus, and keen desire to make every customer successful
- Ability to create an open environment conducive to freely sharing information and ideas
Our company is committed to being remote-first, with employees in Cambridge MA, various other states, Buenos Aires Argentina, Italy, and other countries. You must be located within GMT+2 (e.g. Italy) to GMT-8 (e.g. CA). We will not consider candidates outside those time zones. We do not work with recruiters.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org