Lead Software Engineer, perm employed, UK saas, remote & flex, c# JS agile
Is this the career opportunity you’ve been searching for?
We’re adding a Lead Software Engineer to the Quality Compliance Systems (QCS) team. You will be responsible for the creation of high-quality, industry leading applications for the UK’s leading care management system. What you and the team create will have a direct impact in helping everyone who cares to do a great job.
You’ll love being on the QCS team because:
- We are a dynamic, high achieving company that supports everyone who works for us to realise their full potential
- We listen to our people and we trust them
- We provide our people with the tools and the backing to turn outstanding ideas into successful innovations that improve lives
- We have a strong set of shared values – ‘ Do the Right Thing ’, ‘ Make it Better ’, ‘ Play for the Team ’ and ‘ Get it Done ’ – that together form the cornerstones of our culture
What you get to do as Lead Software Engineer at QCS:
- Lead the development of applications across multiple projects
- Contribute to and make key technical decisions
- Work with the Head of Software Development to help define the technical vision
- Promote best practices based on project-specific needs
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts, by reviewing all new requirements from a technical perspective
- Estimate upcoming work
- Understand the QCS application architecture and development process and contribute to development
- Provide guidance to the team and lead the code review process
- Carry out research and development to underpin the development of future products and features
The skills, experience, and attributes that will make you successful in this role:
- You are a proponent of Agile software development approaches
- You are confident in your experience as a software engineer and the SDLC to suggest amendments to requirements, designs and process from a technical perspective
- You have a good understanding of Cloud applications and their Infrastructure
- You are knowledgeable of at least one Cloud service provider – Preferably Microsoft Azure
- You have an excellent grasp of design patterns, implementation patterns and integration patterns
- You know GIT
- You have experience in both front and backend development
- You have experience of SQL and NoSQL databases
- You are able to identify, catalogue and where appropriate, pay down technical debt
- You have an excellent grasp of unit testing and test automation
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems
- You are naturally driven to get things done
- You respond positively to pressure
- You work at a faster than average pace
- You work well with others and have a natural ability to communicate at all levels
- You possess a growth mindset
Where is the QCS Lead Software Engineer based?
At QCS we are advocates of flexible working, understanding life happens outside of work. Working from home and flexibility of hours is a normal part of our Everyday Flex working style. Our people are expected to visit the QCS Hub in Uxbridge, Middlesex a minimum of once per calendar month.
The benefits of working at QCS:
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a friendly, passionate and growing team. At QCS we all enjoy 29 days annual leave, get spoiled by the benefits and treats in Perkbox and enjoy the lifestyle that comes with an Everyday Flex working style. We are well supported to ensure we have the tools, equipment, and the training we need to be successful in our roles.